Designed by an F-18 fighter pilot for your little aviator, Babiators are sure to make your child the Maverick of the playground!
Protect the delicate eyes of your child with Babiators Sunglasses UV Protection!
Babiators protect your child’s eyes at a critical time – Babiators’ lenses offer 100% protection from UVA and UVB rays.
Why should we be concerned about protecting our children’s eyes from UV exposure?
Children’s sensitive skin needs sunscreen to limit dangerous UV exposure and their eyes need protection too.
Here are the facts:
- When compared to adult’s eyes, children’s eyes have fewer natural protections against UV exposure, making them more likely to be damaged.
- The more time you spend outdoors, the more susceptible you are to sun damage. Published scientific research concludes that up to 50% of lifetime UV ray exposure may occur by age 18, so it’s imperative that we protect our children’s eyes now!
- According to Dr. J. Keller Wortham, a physician with Optimum Wellness Family Medical Group in Los Angeles, excessive exposure to the sun during daily activities can contribute to cataract formation, macular degeneration, pinguecula and pterygium (growth on the eye’s surface), photokeratitis (snow blindness), and skin cancer on the eyelids. Those are a lot of big words, but the bottom line is this: protecting your children’s eyes is critical.
- The EPA recommends you wear sunglasses even on days with a low UV index! Given that children’s eyes do not have as many natural protections from UV, children spend more time in the sun than adults, and time in the sun can lead to permanent eye damage, we feel it just makes sense for kids to wear sunglasses!
- When it’s bright outside, adults wear sunglasses – our children should do the same!
- For more information on how children’s eyes are different from adults’ eyes, and why UV protection is especially important for children, click here.
- For more information about the UV Index, check out this document published by the EPA.
When babies grab onto something, where’s the first place it goes? Their mouths! That’s why it’s imperative that anything made for young children be safe – and that’s the idea behind Babiators BPA-free flexible rubber frame design.
Each shipment is tested to ensure that Babiators are free of BPA and comply with the most stringent regulations in the world for phthalates, lead, and other metals.
The top quality 100% UVA and UVB protection lenses are also impact and shatter-resistant. So when you buy Babiators, you can rest assured that you are buying the best sunglasses out there for your little one!
Babiators are incredibly durable – our flexible rubber frames consistently bounce back after being bent, twisted, or sat upon! Awesome!
Babiators are available in two sizes (Ages 0-3 and Ages 3-7+)